Since most of the schools here in the New England area are closed today, we wanted to share five fun snow day activities that don’t involve technology! Instead of turning to the computer or T.V. and zoning out today, we invite you and your kids to get creative and have some good ole fashion family fun!
- Bundle up and check out some snowflakes! Bring a microscope and dark fabric along and discover that no snowflake is alike. (Parents Magazine shows you how)
- Play some of your favorite board games! Let everyone pick their favorite game to play and then let the winner decide the next snow day activity.
- Bake a wintery snack! Here are six Easy Cookie Recipes provided by the moms at Popsugar
- Make a blanket fort, and perhaps some pirate costumes to go along with it! Follow these how-to steps by the art of simple, or simply make it up as you go along!
- Enjoy a delicious cup of hot chocolate and read some of your favorite book! An adventure to your favorite fairy tale land is only a story away! Oh and don’t forget the marshmallows!