Legal Testimony / Expert Witness on Internet Addiction
There are numerous circumstances in which individuals find themselves in legal conflicts or situations requiring legal assistance. If you or your lawyer require assistance in one of these matters, Dr. Greenfield can serve as an expert witness and provide legal testimony on Internet addiction, pornography, web cams, chat rooms, online or cyber affairs, online gambling and compulsive shopping. He has provided legal testimony and expert opinions on numerous cases, including divorce cases, legal problems arising from abuse of or addiction to the Internet or Internet pornography and resulting issues in the workplace.
If you or your attorney need further information please contact Dr. Greenfield’s office manager at 860-561-8727 or email@example.com.
Dr. Greenfield Has Over 20 Years Experience
Dr. Greenfield is an internationally recognized expert in Internet and computer behavior, Internet addiction and cybersex.
Areas of Expertise:
• Child Pornography
• Compulsive Internet Use
• Computer and Internet Game Addiction
• Cybersex Addiction & Online Affairs
• Internet Addiction in Marital Relationships and Divorce
• Internet and Computer Addiction
• Internet and Email Abuse in the Workplace
• Internet Gambling
• Internet Pornography
• Pornography Addiction
• Sexual Addiction and Compulsive Sexual Behavior
• Video Game Addiction
• Compulsive shopping
Dr. David Greenfield is one of the world’s leading experts in the areas of Internet Addiction and Compulsive Computer use. He serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Connecticut’s School of Medicine.
He has functioned as a general expert and defense witness to legal counsel and has been involved in over 25 cases to date. He has written, researched and lectured internationally on Internet and digital technology use and abuse for more than 12 years. He is the author of Virtual Addiction, and has authored numerous professional articles, papers and book chapters on Internet and technology abuse and addiction.
Dr. Greenfield personally evaluates and/or treats patients for compulsive Internet use, especially around sexual or pornographic issues. He often reviews case files and documents and offers his expert opinion relating to Internet or technology use to assist in constructing a legal defense. He frequently consults with defendants and counsel on background research and issues relating to computer, Internet and digital media technology abuse and addiction. He has helped in achieving a reduction or elimination of sentences (both in treatment cases and also as an expert) as well as ameliorating the stressful effects of the legal process for patients.
Dr. Greenfield has also been helpful in the treatment of a variety of compulsions and addictions, as he works primarily as a practicing psychologist with a specialty in addictions and sex addiction treatment. Dr. Greenfield’s greatest strength as an expert witness is that he is both a practicing clinician treating addictive/compulsive behavior, as well as an expert on Internet and technology issues. He can speak to the psychology of addiction and technology from both a practical and theoretical perspective.
Licensure / Certification:
• Connecticut Licensed Psychologist (#001399)
• New York Licensed Psychologist (#009628)
• Connecticut Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (#000558)
• Certificate of Proficiency in Addictions, APA College of Professional Psychology (#AD001519)
• National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology (#40025)
• Certificate of Professional Qualification in Psychology (#3443)
• Clinical Member, CATSO: Connecticut Association for the Treatment of Sexual Offenders
- Ph.D. 1986 Counseling Psychology (APA Approved) Minor: Marriage, Family & Child Therapy,
Texas Tech University, Department of Psychology, Lubbock, TX
- M.A. 1980 College and Community Counseling, New York University, New York, NY
- B.A. 1978 Psychology (with Honors), Ramapo College of New Jersey, Mahwah, NJ
Awards / Honors:
- 1999 Recipient of the American Psychological Association’s “Heiser Presidential Award for Professional Psychology Advocacy.”
- 1995 Recipient of the “Distinguished Contribution to Psychology in Connecticut,” presented by the Connecticut Psychological Association
- Fellow and past President, Connecticut Psychological Association
Complete resume and references available upon request.
If you or your attorney need legal testimony and/or an expert witness on Internet and technology use, abuse and addiction, we invite you to contact us at 860-561-8727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.