February, 2014, Singapore
Dr. Greenfield recently gave a 3-Day training to doctors and staff therapists on Virtual Addiction: Internet, Cybersex, and Gaming Addictions at the National Addictions Management Service (NAMS), National Hospital, Institute of Mental Health, Singapore.
Here is an outline of the workshop’s agenda:
- Dr. Greenfield’s Professional Background and The History and Development of the Emerging Field of Internet and Digital Media Use, Abuse, and Addiction.
- What makes Internet, Digital Media, and Gaming Technologies so Addictive? (Part I)
- What makes Internet, Digital Media, and Gaming Technologies so Addictive? (Part II)
- When does Internet and Digital Media Use and Abuse become an Addiction?
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Internet, Digital Media, Gaming, and Smartphone Use
- Differential diagnosis and psychiatric co-morbidity
- Signs and symptoms of Internet and Digital Media Addictions: Normal versus Pathological Use
- Brief review of Psychiatric, Addictionology, and Neurobiological research on Internet, Gaming, and Digital Media Addiction
- Treatment Issues, Techniques, and Strategies – Part I
- Treatment Issues, Techniques, and Strategies – Part II
- Treatment Techniques and Strategies: Educational and Therapeutic issues with Parents and Families
- Monitoring, Blocking and Filtering Issues: Setting limits, Boundaries, and Consequences